The rice cooker crème brulee of your dreams made easy, creamy, and steamed to perfection.
- 1½ cups heavy cream (270ml)
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- Whisk brown sugar and egg yolks together in a medium bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved then mix in heavy cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into 5 ramekins then cover each of them with aluminum foil.
- Add 2 cups of water to the inner pot then set the steam plate inside. Place the ramekins on top of the steam plate then close the lid.
- Select the [MULTI-COOK] menu option, set the heat level to 7, and the cooking time to 20 minutes.
- Press the [COOK] button to begin the cooking cycle.
- Once 20 minutes of cooking time has elapsed, open the lid with caution and check that the mixture inside of the ramekins is firm. If the consistency is runny, cook for 5 additional minutes or until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Allow the ramekins to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature then refrigerate.
- Sprinkle an even coating of sugar atop each ramekin then caramelize using a blow torch.
We recommend a multi-pressure cooker like CUCKOO's 5-Quart/6-Quart Premium Multi-Pressure Cooker (CMC-ASB501F/CMC-ASB601F) for effortless crème brulee that tastes like it was imported from Paris.
Leave a comment