GENERAL STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES
We may gather data from you at this website so that we provide better products and services. We do not sell personal information of our website users. We use such information only to improve what we can do for you with our products and services.
Sometimes the data we collect relates to you or identifies you. Data that relate to a natural person is defined as “personal data.” Our goal is always to maintain the highest levels of privacy and security with your personal data, in keeping with the principles of the Federal Trade Commission Act and related regulations, the General Data Protection Regulation, and applicable local privacy laws. We will always try to give you appropriate notice of what data we collect and how we will use it. We will only process your data when we consider it fair and lawful to do so.
There are three basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you provide.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
When you interact with our services, we collect information that you provide to us. For example, many of our services require you to set up an account, and we may need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, username, password, email address, phone number, and mailing address. If you make a purchase, we may require you to provide us with a debit or credit card number and its associated account information.
When you contact customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we will collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question. That may include certain information about gift recipients identified by you.
INFORMATION WE GET WHEN YOU USE OUR SERVICES
Sometimes the reason for our collection of your data will be obvious (such as when you give us your email address to allow us to contact you). When it is not, we will describe to you at the time of collection the purpose for collecting the data and, if possible, ask for your consent. To the extent possible, we anonymize or pseudonymize data we collect from you.
We may also collect the following data:
- Records of your visits to the site, through cookies and otherwise (which records may include traffic data, location information, information about your computer or mobile device such as if applicable your IP address, operating system, mobile carrier, or device information.
- Records of correspondence between us and you.
- Comments, posts, or other data you upload to our site.
- Information you provide by completing forms on our website or in our products and services.
In general, we do not intentionally collect sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data can include your social security number, financial account information, information concerning racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership in trade unions or professional or trade associations, physical or mental health information, biometric data, genetic data, data concerning sexual activity or orientation, or data concerning criminal records or suspected criminal activity. However, if you provide us with sensitive personal data, whether through the website or through any of our products or services, you explicitly consent to our use and processing of that data.
We do not intentionally collect personal data from anyone under the age of eighteen (18). To the extent reasonably possible, we take steps to verify that you are a legal adult when we collect data from you. By using our website, products, or services, and by submitting any data to us, you warrant that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
INFORMATION WE GET FROM THIRD PARTIES
We may collect information about you from other users, our affiliates and third parties. Here are a few examples:
- Advertising companies, app developers, publishers, and other third parties may share information with us as well. We may use this information, among other ways, to help target or measure the performance of ads.
HOW DO WE USE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
We do not sell or share your data with third parties.
We use the data we collect from you to provide information, services, or products you have requested or purchased, and to allow you to interact with us and the website. This may include sending you emails from time to time. These emails always contain either information you have requested or that you have consented to receive, or information we have a legitimate interest in delivering (such as notices of product changes). You can always unsubscribe from any email list by clicking the indicated link in the email.
We may also use your data in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience at our website and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings that may interest you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site features.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you no longer wishes to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the “How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?” section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
Data we collect from you might include texting preferences (such as opt-ins and opt-outs), and we may ask for your consent to receive SMS (text message) notifications/alerts through an online form or otherwise. If you opt-in or subscribe to receive SMS notifications/alerts, you agree to receive SMS notifications/alerts from us about our flash sales, promotions, or other information. The frequency and content of these notifications/alerts may vary. By consenting to receive SMS messages from us, you approve message and data charges from your mobile carrier. Messages and data rates may vary. You should contact your mobile carrier if you have questions about your rates for messages and data. You can opt-out or unsubscribe from receiving any SMS notifications/alerts from us for any reason or for no reason by replying “STOP” via SMS or by contacting us at our email address at email@example.com.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
In general, we keep your data only as long as necessary to provide the service or product you requested. If you are a customer who has an account with us, we will keep the data connected to your account until you ask us to destroy it. This is in order to help us remember information about previous interactions with you or in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations. Ordinarily, if your account is inactive, your data will be stored so that the account can be reactivated in the future, and your data will not be processed for any other purpose. You can ask us to destroy your data at any time by following the procedures outlined in this policy.
WHERE ARE YOUR DATA STORED?
We are a business located in the United States. When we store your data, it is stored in the United States. However, data we collect may be routed or transferred internationally by us or by our business partners during the course of providing products and services to you and others.
HOW DO WE ENSURE YOUR DATA ARE SECURE?
We take a number of steps to ensure that data we collect is protected from unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction, including the following:
- When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
- We regularly review our data collection, storage, and processing practices, including physical and electronic security measures.
- We restrict access to your personal data to only those employees, agents, and business partners who need access to it in order to deliver requested products and services.
- All of our employees, agents, and business partners are subject to strict confidentiality and nondisclosure obligations, the violation of which may result in termination and/or liability.
- All of our employees and agents receive regular appropriate training, including training in information privacy suitable to their respective fields and disciplines.
DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
We may transfer your data to our business partners, some of whom may be located in other countries. We strive to do business only with partners who uphold high standards of data privacy and security, and whenever we transfer data to a third party, we take steps to make sure that the data will remain secure and private as required by applicable law and our internal guidelines.
Sometimes we may be required to share your data for specific purposes. These purposes may include:
- In order for us to comply with a legal obligation or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or crime
- In order to detect or correct technical or security issues
- In order to apply or enforce our terms and conditions, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, you, our customers, our business partners, others, or the public
- In order to maintain continuity of service in the event that we sell or liquidate some or all of our business or assets
When our website contains links to our business partners or other third parties. those websites have their own policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for your use of those websites or any products or services available there.
WHAT ABOUT DATA WE OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTIES?
Sometimes we may obtain your personal data from a third party, either through the use of our website or through some of our products or services. Due to the nature of our products, it is possible that we may even obtain your data unsolicited from a third party. We may also obtain your personal data from our business partners through contractual relationships or through software they develop. We apply the same standards of security and privacy to all personal data in our possession, and you have rights with respect to your data regardless of its source. When and to the extent possible, we will notify you of the source if we obtain your data from a third party without your consent within at least thirty (30) days
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
You have a right to know if we have any of your personal data and to have access to that data. You have the right to have any incorrect personal data corrected. If you have given us consent to have or use your data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You have the right to have your personal data erased or to transport your data. Ordinarily we do not use automated decision-making with respect to any personal data, but if we do, you have the right to object.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with authorities. Which authority is appropriate varies depending on your jurisdiction. If you wish to lodge a complaint, we can assist you in determining where the complaint should be lodged.
You may contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise any of these rights, whether you wish to correct, update or delete any of your information we may have. Understand that sometimes we have to have your data in order to interact with you. As a result, exercising some or all of these rights might impact your ability to use our website or our products and services.
DO WE USE “COOKIES”?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Google Chrome or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different. Please look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
HOW CAN YOU OPT-OUT, REMOVE OR MODIFY INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED TO US?
If you wish to correct, update or remove any information about you that may be in our records, please send us e-mail at email@example.com with the details of your request. However, due to email production schedules, you may receive any emails already in production.
Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
In order to offer you Klarna’s payment methods, we might in the checkout pass your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment methods and to tailor those payment methods for you. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.
QUESTIONS & FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ONLINE POLICY ONLY
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please also visit our Terms of Service section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.