According to Stephanie Tea, rice is life—and there’s nothing better than some quick comfort food like cheesy kimchi fried rice: made effortlessly in your rice cooker. For a short video on how to prepare this recipe, be sure to visit our Instagram!
For the Rice:
- 2 cups uncooked rice, washed and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup kimchi, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/3 cup kimchi juice
- Cheddar or Mozzarella cheese
For the Sauce:
- 1 1/2 cup gochujang
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp. sugar
- Black pepper, to taste
- Green onion, chopped
- Seaweed snack paper, julienned
- Fried egg
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small mixing bowl.
- Add rinsed rice into the inner pot and add sauce, kimchi and juice into pot and gently mix until combined.
- Initiate WHITE RICE mode on the rice cooker and allow the cooking cycle to complete.
- Once the rice is finished cooking, fluff the rice then add mozzarella cheese.
- Close the lid and allow the rice to sit for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted.
- Top with your choice of crushed seaweed paper, fried egg and chopped green onions. Enjoy!