The classic mashed potatoes with a twist! Wasabi adds a touch of nose-scrunching flavor that can all be combined in a simple rice cooker.
- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 3 cups water (540g)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 6 tbsp. butter
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup wasabi
- Add water, potatoes, and salt to the inner pot then close the lid.
- Select the [VEGETABLE] menu option then set the cooking time to 20 minutes.
- Press the [COOK] button to begin the cooking cycle.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Once 20 minutes of cooking time has elapsed, reserve ½ cup of the water in the inner pot and set aside.
- Mash the potatoes until they reach a smooth consistency then stir in warm milk, butter, sour cream, wasabi, and pepper. NOTE: If the mixture is too dry, gradually stir in the reserved water until the desired consistency is reached.
You won't need a heating pressure rice cooker for this dish, so look into a basic rice cooker like CUCKOO's 6-Cup Basic Rice Cooker (CR-0671V) to make a magical wasabi mashed potato dish.