- 1/2 polished rice (long grain), washed
- 2 cups chicken broth (360g)
- 2 cups water (360g)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 stalks chives, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (add more as needed)
- Combine rice, broth, water, sugar, and salt. Stir.
- Close the lid. Select [Porridge] using [MENU] button, and set the cooking time to 70 minutes. Press [COOK] button.
- In the meantime, heat oil and cook eggs in a pan over medium heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until whites are brown on the edges and yolks slightly runny. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the cooker has finished cooking, top with chives, soy sauce and eggs. (Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.)
* Tip: For a thicker soup, select [Browning Fry] using [MENU] button and bring to a boil for up to 10 minutes.