The most classic ice cream flavor, Vanilla, can be made without effort at home. Use handy features to incorporate ingredients well before freezing.
Prep time: 20min
Cook time: 4hr
- Whole milk: 1c
- Heavy cream: 2 1/2c
- Egg yolk: 8
- White sugar: 3/4c
- Vanilla pod: 1
- Sea salt: 1T
- Set cooker on [BROWNING FRY level.#2] and place milk, cream and bring to a simmer.
- Once milk is warm slowly add in egg yolks and whisk until egg is fully incorporated with milk.
- Once incorporated add sugar, vanilla, salt to milk and whisk together until sugar is dissolved.
- Once all mixed remove mixture into bowl and place in freezer [approx..3hr]
- For creamier texture, stir mixture every hour in the freezer.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy.
We recommend a multi-pressure with a browning mode like CUCKOO's 5-Quart/6-Quart Premium Multi-Pressure Cooker (CMC-ASB501F/CMC-ASB601F) that ensures the vanilla base simmers and concentrates in sweet, vanilla-ey goodness.