Soy Glutinous Rice
Sticky, chewy, and full of flavor, this rice completes chicken and fish protein for a balanced meal.
- 3 cups glutinous rice
- 2 cups water
- 5 tbsp. raisins, chopped
- 10 jujube
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. Jin-gan-jang (thick soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- Wash glutinous rice and place in a large bowl. Soak for 2 hours.
- Peel and seed chestnut and jujube. Cut into quarters.
- Drain glutinous rice and place in the inner pot.
- Add brown sugar, sesame oil, cinnamon powder, pinch of salt, and water. Stir evenly.
- Close the lid. Select [Steam cook] using [MENU] button, and set the level to 4 and cooking time to 35 minutes. Press [COOK] button.
We recommend a multi-pressure cooker with a handy steam feature like CUCKOO's 5-Quart Superior Multi-Pressure Cooker (CMC-QSN501S) that makes chewy, soft glutinous rice with an essence of spices during the steam process.
Leave a comment