Soften onions in a pinch with the easiest French onion soup recipe that makes this traditionally laborious dish your new go-to meal on a busy weeknight.
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 900g onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2-3 slices bread
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- Hint of salt
- Hint of pepper
- Hint of sugar
- Select [Browning Fry] using [MENU] button, and press [COOK] button to preheat. Add butter.
- Add sliced onions to a melted butter. Continually stir onions until translucent for about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- Stir onions until golden brown and translucent for about 10 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer until the wine has evaporated. Add chicken broth and thyme.
- Close the lid. Select [Soup] using [MENU] button, and press [COOK] button.
- Once the cooker has finished cooking, add grated cheese and boil for 5 minutes.
- 8. Ladle the soup into bowls, and top with slices of bread.
We recommend a multi-pressure with a multi-cook mode like CUCKOO's 5-Quart/6-Quart Premium Multi-Pressure Cooker (CMC-ASB501F/CMC-ASB601F) that ensures even heat and fast cooking.